Senior Accountant needed to provide expert, outsourced accounting services to nonprofit clients.
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $70,000 – $80,000
Our client, an accounting practice dedicated specifically to nonprofit clients is looking for a Remote Senior Accountant to join their team. This position maintains financial oversight for nonprofit organizations, using independent judgment, and performing advanced and specialized accounting assignments, such as month-end review, reconciliations, and reporting according to a defined scope of work for each client.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university
- Previous experience working with multiple clients, such as a CPA firm or similar.
- 5 years experience working with nonprofit clients or franchises.
- Possesses all basic and some advanced skills and knowledge of accounting functions.
- Experience with a variety of accounting software packages, including QBO, Bill.com, Gusto, Receipt Bank, Intacct, Abila.
- Strong knowledge of accounting as applied to nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Past experience working in a remote work environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Obtains and analyzes financial information to prepare reports, statements, and recommendations.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Distributes expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Reconciles cash and investment accounts.
- Analyzes and reconciles financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, in supporting schedules.
- Prepares statements of financial position, statements of revenue and expense, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets, review budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Develops, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems, controls, and procedures.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the client’s organizational accounting operation.
- Prepares audit schedules for review by Controller/Accounting Manager.
- Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
- May also provide special project assistance to the Director of Accounting Services.
Benefits and Perks
- NFP will provide computer and software.
- Monthly stipend – “supplies”
- Employer-paid insurance (health, dental, vision, life)
- PTO and wellness days
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed