Our CPA firm client is seeking a REMOTE Part-time Tax Reviewer to review personal and business tax returns as well as work through tax questions from the staff. This is a perfect role for someone with current or previous Tax Manager experience.
Part time, 1099
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $60-$80 per hour
About Our Client:
Our client is a CPA firm focused on proactively leading dental and professional services clients in advising, accounting, tax planning & tax preparation.
The Remote Tax Reviewer reviews the work of staff as well as help them work through tax questions as they arise.
This role is very part time, flexible, and remote. This is a great role for someone who is or has been a tax manager over the years.
Remote Tax Reviewer Responsibilities:
- Review of both business and individual tax returns and other tax compliance work
- Research of tax questions as they come up.
- Ability to explain and teach staff during the review. Our goal is that our staff continue learning how to handle tax issues as they arise.
- Availability during tax season. Usually our tax reviewer would come in a few times a week during tax season and review 3-5 returns a day. We would also need some availability over the summer/ fall for extended returns.
Requirements for the Remote Tax Reviewer:
- Licensed CPA preferred but not required. If not CPA, need EA designation.
- At least 10 tax seasons preparing signature ready, moderate to complex individual and business returns.
- Desire to work with a smaller firm- we offer flexibility in work schedule and hours.
- Comfortable reviewing returns with staff over Zoom
- Knowledge of Ohio State/City taxes preferred but not required
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed