New York, New York
Our client, a tech-forward accounting startup focused on delivering accounting, tax, and planning services for business owners & high net worth individuals is looking for a REMOTE Tax Accountant, Advisory to join their team.
Full time, W2
Location: REMOTE within the US
Compensation: $80,000-$100,000 (base comp plus variable component connected to billings managed)
- You have experience managing the client, end-to-end, and signing off on returns.
- You’re an independent thinker, tech-savvy, and a problem solver
- Strong communicator, comfortable on Zoom calls, and have the ability to deliver a ‘wow’ experience to clients.
- Passionate about accounting & tax, with a desire to continue learning and perfecting your craft.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, driven and proactive attitude
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting. CPA/EA required
- 7+ years of experience preparing individual & business tax returns
- 5+ years of experience handling accounting for business clients
- Experience with Lacerte preferred
- Experience with NY/NYC clients preferred
Tax Manager Role:
- Tax Preparation and Review – You’ll manage a book of business including complex individual clients (high net worth, multi-state, rentals, equity, etc) and business clients (Sch C, S corp, C corp, LLCs)
- Tax Strategy & Planning – Must be able to evaluate a client’s situation and propose strategies to minimize current and future tax liabilities
- Client Onboarding – Working with new clients to clean up books and records, file back tax returns, and get current on accounting and tax responsibilities. Includes establishing and documenting custom procedures for each client to meet client needs and firm standards.
- Remote work
- Strong incentive compensation (eat what you kill)
- Great tech (Slack, GSuite, Karbon, Lacerte, QBO, etc.)
- Generous and flexible PTO
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed